Mary Meuser Memorial Library provides free library services to meet the educational, informational, and recreational needs of the residents of the communities that make up the Wilson Area School District.
The Library came to the people of the Wilson Borough area through the generosity of Frederick H. Meuser (1868-1960). One of Wilson’s first land developers, he was also very active in community affairs. To the people of Wilson Borough he willed the land for Meuser Park and proposed that the Borough and the Wilson Area School District found and support the Library. His only conditions were that the Library be named in memory of his wife, Mary (1877-1957), and that his wife’s oil paintings be displayed in the Library. The Meuser home, which was considered a mansion at the time of its construction in 1924, was opened as a public library on October 15, 1962.